Your daily dose of astronomy-related links and news from around the web:
- NASA releases the largest photo ever of the Andromeda Galaxy, weighing in at over 1.5 billion pixels.
- A rare and valuable 250-year-old ‘atlas of the stars’ by celebrated British astronomer John Bevis has been found in a dusty store cupboard at Manchester University.
- If you still believe Pluto should be considered a planet, the New York Times is asking for suggestions for a new mnemonic that includes all of the major and minor planets so far discovered.
- NASA has just released its 2015 edition of Spinoff Magazine documenting examples of spinoffs from the space program that are benefiting people here on Earth.
- The ESA has just released a new video stressing the importance of going back to the Moon and establishing a permanent presence there.